Monday, March 4, 2013

What's up for this month!

I honestly can't even believe that it's March already but I am so excited for it! Spring is RIGHT around the corner (fingers crossed Spring weather follows!)! That means absolutely perfect weather and scenery for gorgeous outdoor sessions. I'm going to try to scope out some new locations and fun props for Spring sessions just to mix it up a bit.
March is also Cerebral Palsy Awareness month.
That's my girl! Always smiling!
 I'm going to be honest, I didn't really know much about Cerebral Palsy until my daughter was born with it in 2010. In a nutshell, Cerebral Palsy is an umbrella term for multiple symptoms that affects muscle tone, movement and motor skills. There is a wide spectrum of Cerebral Palsy, sometimes it can be barely noticeable in a person (like maybe they are slightly uncoordinated or need a little assistance with walking), while other cases are more severe and will require life long assistance. It is actually the most common congenital disorders of childhood.

When my daughter was born, they really couldn't tell us what set-backs she was going to have. They could assume but sometimes it is more of a waiting game. You wait and see what milestones they reach, or don't reach. There is no "cure" but there is treatment, such as therapies, among other things. I would say, in our case at least, early intervention was the best thing that could have possibly happened to her! We got her started in therapy when she was a newborn and she continues to have weekly sessions in Speech, Physical and Occupational therapies.

She has been attending The Children's Center in Winston-Salem for almost 2 years now. They are absolutely amazing there..that place is definitely the second best thing that has happened to her! She receives all of her therapies there, has made a lot of friends and her progress has been absolutely amazing.

Since March is Cerebral Palsy Awareness Month, I have decided that 20% from every single session that is booked this month will be donated to The Children's Center. You don't have to have your session this month, you just have to book it and pay your Retainer Fee to secure your date in the future.

Also, I wanted to remind you, that I am a participating photographer for Inspiration Through Art and I offer Free Photo Sessions to any child that qualifies. You can read more about this project on their direct website (link above) and you can read more about what the session with me entails on my website (click "The Investment" tab and scroll to the very bottom of that page).

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or if you are ready to book your session!



No comments: