Monday, January 7, 2013

Inspiration Through Art

I made this announcement over on Facebook the other day but wanted to elaborate here for those interested in details. I am officially a Participating Photographer for this amazing non-profit organization, Inspiration Through Art!

Inspiration Through Art is a collection of artists who volunteer their services to give children with special needs and their families complimentary Photo Sessions. As a mother myself to a child with special needs, I know first hand how difficult the journey to "normalcy" is and it often takes a toll mentally and financially. I am lucky enough that I am a Photographer and constantly have my camera on hand to photograph my daughter but not every one has that chance (my husband affectionately refers to me as "the paparazzi") . I would love to be able to give this opportunity to multiple families in the Piedmont Triad Area of NC.

My sessions will run a bit differently than regular for this particular project. For starters, these sessions are open to any child {& their immediate family, up to 5 people total} who has a serious illness or life-altering disability. I will travel to your location of choice in Winston-Salem, Kernersville, Clemmons, Pfafftown, High Point or Greensboro. I generally prefer outdoor locations however, for these sessions I can come to your home or local hospital {pending approval from the hospital} if necessary. These sessions will last up to 2 hours and all edited images will be displayed in a private, on-line gallery. You will then have the opportunity to download all of the images for free and order prints if desired. The amount of images displayed will vary per session but, on average, you will see anywhere between 20-40 images in your gallery.

One thing to note, you will be required to sign a Participant Release Form {for the organization} and a Session Contract Form {for me}. You must be okay with these photos being displayed in various mediums through Inspiration Through Art and Marci Bruno Photo.

I really want this project to be a success! If you, or someone that you know, would like to schedule a session, contact me to set up a date and please share this with others.  Depending on interest, I may have the need to cap these to 2-3 sessions a month so please don't put off booking those dates!

E-mail: marcibrunophotography@gmail.com
My daughter, my superhero, Seraphina! Born in February 2010 with Cerebral Palsy, she is definitely one of the most motivated people I know..she doesn't let anything slow her down!
P.S. I would love for this project to be an on-going success-help me spread the word! Please share with your friends & family by using the share buttons at the bottom! :)