Thursday, April 21, 2011

Texture Thursday

Seraphina and I headed out to Reynolda Gardens to see what new flowers had bloomed since the last time we were there.  A lot more has definitely come up and the fountain was on which was a sure sign that Spring is here for real.  There were a lot more flowers up and some almost ready to bloom and that is what I love about that place..literally, every time you go there, there will be a new flower(s) that has bloomed.  I didn't get as many pictures as I really wanted to, I had Seraphina strapped on my chest and it was real fun keeping her little grabby hands away from my camera..and my hair..and the flowers..  I guess that gives me an excuse to go back this weekend (though I will bring an extra set of arms this time..my husband!).

I don't remember what kind of plant this is but I think it looks so neat!
It didn't really need that much editing (in my opinion) straight out of the camera but I did use Ashley Sisks Nice & Easy action on it.  I usually play around with textures on my photos but I felt like this one had enough texture all on its own.  I love how abstract the background looks.

Unedited Version:





Grace Loves the Beatles Photobucket The Daily Wyatt


11 comments:

Rachel said...

It's So beautiful!
I love it.
Great job on that one!
~Rachel

Mrs. H said...

Ok, we def have to schedule a "mommy playdate" there! Heard its at its "peak" in another week or two...

Tiffany said...

Just beautiful, the colors are perfect!

Tiffany

Nicolasa said...

Very pretty!

Our Typical Life said...

Great edit!

Kristen Laudick Photography said...

Love your edit!

Jennifer Thompson said...

beautiful!

grace said...

I love that color purple! Thanks so much for linking up! I am going to have SUCH a hard time choosing the winners this week!

Ashley Sisk said...

It looks perfect!

Jaymi said...

very pretty!!!

A Rosy Note said...

Very pretty :)