Friday, April 22, 2011

Bleeding Heart

..But totally not in a gross, bloody way..

  How cool are these little heart shaped flowers??  These are called "Bleeding Heart Flowers."  How appropriate..and a little disturbing.  They have a (kind of) neat folklore story behind them which you can read HERE if ya want.

Thank goodness I made it out yesterday to the park and capture these 'cause today is rainy and chilly.  Heres hoping for a warm and sunny weekend!
 
In CS5, I added a free texture (sugar n spice)  from Life-n-Reflection that I found HERE .   Blending mode was "overlay" and I adjusted it slightly to my taste.  Then I erased the texture from the flowers in the foreground.


Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday
and then, she {snapped}

4 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

They are beautiful.

Marla said...

Wonderful shot. :)

Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

Sveta said...

Cool Picture!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photo!