Monday, February 21, 2011

yumminess.

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum.

I am such a "junk food vegetarian."
**sigh**
I don't want to be, I really don't.
And in an effort to eat healthier, I just chopped up some veggies and oven-baked them.
Don't they look delish??
And they are making my house smell phenomenal.
I plan on eating these all week long.
Wanna know what's in/on them?
Sure ya' do.

1 of each: green, yellow, red pepper
1 red onion
1 zucchini
1 squash
2 sweet potatoes
4 cloves garlic
cumin, turmeric, chili pepper, salt & pepper (a sprinkle of each)
olive oil

Chop, dice, slice your veggies, layer them on the pan in the order above (that way the peppers don't get burnt and the sweet potatoes cook through).
sprinkle garlic & spices over them.
cover w/foil and bake 425 degrees for 20 minutes
remove foil, drizzle some olive oil over them and bake for another 20 minutes.

serve with beans, rice, quinoa, whatever your heart desires!

bam, easy-right??
much thanks to my sister for the simple and delicious recepe.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

o my goodness that looks delicious and now I definitely want to try it thanks for sharing the recipe!!!
-JBenz

Ashley Sisk said...

That looks really yummy.

fiddlehead said...

Yum. I have an awesome recipe I just posted that you might like to try. I shared it with my artists group and all 7 women were raving about it! Greek Pizza....oh so good and pretty too!
check out this post, i don't think you'll regret it!
http://lifeoftherikkers.blogspot.com/2011/02/greek-pizza.html
enjoy!

jaimee said...

looks yummy, i hope you like it! i was waiting for pictures for proof that you put down the girl scout cookies! :)