Thursday, February 17, 2011

Before & After

I am a big fan of making cards rather than buying them (if I have the time) so that I can personalize them.  The image below is part of the Thank You cards that I made to send out to all the lovelies who spoiled Seraphina  for her 1st Birthday this past Sunday. 

The blocks were one of her gifts and as soon as I saw them I had sort of an "A-Ha!" moment where I just knew I was going to use them for some sort of photo.
Let me tell you, it was no easy task to try to put these blocks directly in front of her and then try to snap a pic before she destroyed them.
I obviously couldn't scold her when she would play with them during our "shoot"..I mean, they are her toys.
So I had to be quick.
But I still wasn't quick enough..so I had to use tape.
Which only held for so long until she could finally get them up lol

Anyway..here is the Straight Out Of the Camera Shot:

And this is the edit that I did:
I opened the photo in CS5.  I cropped the photo and then added used the "quick mask mode" to paint over just the letters.  I also had to use the "healing brush" tool to make that piece of tape that she revealed under the "S" disappear.  Once that was finished, I turned the rest of the photo into black/white and I bumped up the saturation on the letters and bumped up the contrast in the black and white.  I added the text (which I found that cute font HERE) and added the frame (which I found HERE). 

This is what the entire Thank You card looks like:

(can you read the print that is on the 1st pic?  It says "Oh my gosh Ya'll, I had so much fun turning ONE!"
I might have to change that font..)
Cute-huh?
Well, I think so!
Now the hard part is done..I just have to actually print them and send them.
We'll see how long that takes me..




6 comments:

Snapshotsofhappiness said...

What a great idea! I love it. :) The edit is perfect as well.

Gina Kleinworth said...

What a great idea- I have been looking for a new way to say Thanks to everyone that sent my son birthday gifts! I may have to try something similar (he's 13 so the blocks won't work) but you have inspired me to think outside the box :)

Miranda said...

Marvelous!

Unknown said...

I LOVE this! We had such a great time, too! Love y'all!

deb duty said...

This is adorable! I can read the font fine. Love the photo of the blocks. Very creative!

Jeannie T. said...

Visiting from Simplicity. What a cute idea! Adorable:)