Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's Berrrry cold out there...

Brrr..It's coooold out there today.  We got/are getting some sleet that has turned my city and the surrounding areas into a skating rink.  Needless to say, I'm not going anywhere today.  But I did bundle up and go outside to snap a few pics 'cause it was so pretty with everything shining and icicles hanging.  Snow would have been prettier..but I live in NC, so ice is more probable unfortunately.  These berries are on a tree in my backyard..I don't know if you can really tell, but they are encased in ice.

SOOC

And this is the edit I did.
I started in Photoshop and Auto contrast/levels/color, then I added 2 layers of texture that I found here (they are free!).  I changed the blending modes of the layers to "overlay" and fiddled around with the opacity a little.  Then I bumped up the contrast even more on the original layer.  After that, I took it into Picnik where I added the text and border.

What do you think?  Sometimes I get carried away a little with textures because they are so much fun to play around with! 

Photobucket
                                               
    

17 comments:

Kristy said...

I love this faded beauty look!

tara said...

i love both versions! i have the hardest time choosing if i like (or which of ) my processed shots better sometimes!

Sarah Halstead said...

It has been sooo cold. I still cant believe how much snow we have been getting. Great edit!

rachel said...

love the textures...I'm getting addicted myself. : )

A. Rogers photo said...

Interesting edit and good bokeh. I like both versions. Did you try doing anything with colorizing the picture or adding any color, too?

Jen said...

Very nice, I love the edit!

Charlene said...

The texture you added is gorgeous...really made the photo interesting.

Winn (aka Koreen) said...

I love the vintage. So pretty!

Fiona Designs said...

I think it looks amazing. I think the textures are so neat.

Ashley Sisk said...

This is really artsy - I love the textures.

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

I really like the vintage feel you've now given this shot.

Jenn said...

Neat texture! All you need now is a little vintage frame, or maybe you could print a few postcards??? :)

Joni said...

the original was so plain but the edit really makes it into something beautiful.

Mandy said...

Love what you did!! The texture work is great!

Alita said...

Delicious texture chica!

Katie said...

Gorgeous!!! I love your edit!

Barbara Palmisano said...

great edit!