Saturday, November 13, 2010

show {off} your shot!

Since I am a Photographer at heart always and my baby girl can't run away from me (yet), I am taking pictures of her constantly.
Today, she turned 9 months old!
Aww..my baby is almost not a baby anymore and will soon be a toddler running away from me! ..then a teenager!..then going off to college!..and getting married and she won't need me anymore! Noo! Ok, I guess I am getting just a little ahead of myself..but in all seriousness, Seraphina has been such a true blessing for my husband and I. The time with her just flies by and I just can't believe that in a mere 3 fast months she will have been in this family for a whole year!
I had some free time so decided to work on this particular shot a little and thought this would be a perfect opportunity to participate in another photo challenge that I just discovered. I love the expression on her face and those nice catch lights in her eyes..and her cute little button nose and the little drool that's dripping off her bottom lip.. Ok, I love the whole darn thing. Just makes me want kiss those little cheeks all day.

I was all over the place with this image.. I started off in Photoshop where I did my routine Auto-Colo/Auto-Contrast/Auto-Levels, then I took it to Picasa where I bumped up the highlights and fill lights to make the whole thing a little brighter, then I finished off in Picnik where I added the "matte" effect and muted the background color.
but now here is this tiny baby
and they say she looks just like me
and she is smiling at me
with that present infant glee
and yes I will defend
to the ends of the earth
her perfect right to be
-Ani Difranco

and then, she {snapped}

1 comment:

rachel said...

what a cutie! my charlie is 9 months old too! well, 9 months and a couple weeks! thanks so much for linking up today!