Friday, February 4, 2011

On this day...

February 4, 2010. 
 This was my (estimated) due date exactly 1 year ago.  This was the date that we were looking forward to since the pregnancy test said "pregnant" at the end of May and as my belly grew and the date grew closer..and closer..I was giddy and excited (and maybe a little scared).  My husband and I talked to her daily while she was in my belly, telling her about this beautiful world that she was going to be coming into.  Telling her how much we loved her.  Telling her that it was okay to rest at night so mommy could get a little bit of sleep (in fact..we are still telling/asking/pleading her this!).  Then as this day last year came..and then went..and then the next day came and went and so on and so on..we began to tell her that it was time.  It's time, baby girl, to make your grand entrance.  It's time to meet face-to-face. 

 She must have been quite comfortable in there, making a nice cocoon pressed conveniently between my lungs (so my breathes seemed to always be quick and short) and bladder (so I constantly had to run to the bathroom).  I took such good care of her inside of me for those loooong months, I guess I can't blame her for not wanting to leave her 1st home.  But I so wanted to meet her, see her face, kiss her, snuggle her.

  As a 1st time mom, it was hard to not take the due date to heart..that is the day that I had written in my calender with hearts and smiley faces on it.  That was date that was marked months before as "Seraphina's Birthday."  That was the date that I had envisioned celebrating her birthday every year for years and years and years to come. 

 Oh, how naive of me!  I'm not sure what I expected to happen: 12 a.m. on February 4 comes and my contractions start (smoothly and painlessly of course) then an hour later Miss Seraphina does a somersault out and says "Hello World!"?!?!?? 

Uh, no. 

 She did in fact wait until 9 days later (I was certain that my poor HUGE belly would surely explode from the pure enormous power of it) and on February 13, 2010 she came into this world. But that is a story that I will wait to share (though some of you know bits and pieces of it already).  When I woke up this morning, I hadn't intended to write a novel here about this particular date, I didn't even really remember what date it was today but when I did notice, I was overwhelmed with emotions and memories.  I felt it necessary for myself to remember and share these memories so that I never forget how lucky I (we) are.

Always and forever, my baby she'll be.


Now you know that I take a million pictures a day of baby girl..these are just a few from this week:
Look at those lashes!  She certainly doesn't get them from me..





PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli



and then, she {snapped}

Have a great weekend, ya'll!


13 comments:

Vrinda said...

All the pics are very good...esp the second pic. His eye, his teeth and tongue are very pretty.

Vrinda

Ashley Sisk said...

Awwww love the second shot.

Unknown said...

I love her in the blue outfit, and the photo of her sleeping, with the long lashes... ah, divine!

We love you, Baby Girl! You were worth the wait.

mommatojoa said...

Hello. I am a new follower! I love your blog. It's adorable!

Please check out mine and follow back if you'd like!

Simon said...

Such a sweet post. Love those lashes and that silly 2nd shot too.

Rosie Grey said...

So lovely and what a wonderful story!

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

I would say she was worth waiting for.

Mommy2Four said...

Awwww.....just love these! She's a beauty, for sure!

julie said...

Sweet captures...love the last one - precious :)

Susan said...

Beautiful! I especially like the sleeping baby pictures because I know how rare these often are!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Awww- how sweet

rachel said...

love the sleepy-time picture. so cute!

Anonymous said...

Love the second one.. fantastic shot :)